Coast Central’s Community Grant Program Reaches $2 Million
October 19, 2022
Coast Central Credit Union President/CEO James T. Sessa announced that its Board of Directors has approved $100,000 in grants through its Community Investment Program’s spring round to 12 local organizations, bringing the total awarded to $2 million since 2008. A total of 48 non-profits had requested $600,000. Coast Central also supports its communities through sponsorship, college scholarship, and employee volunteer programs.
Fall 2022 recipients include:
- $20,000 Eureka Rescue Mission; bunk beds and mattresses
- $20,000 Fortuna Senior Center; bathroom for new building
- $10,000 Telegraph Ridge Fire Protection; fire station repairs and upgrades
- $9,800 Hoopa American Legion Post 415; new roof on community center
- $6,600 HCAR Bay Center; storage for work program
- $6,500 Mattole Valley Resource Center; back-up generator
- $4,500 Humboldt Bay Rowing Association; repairs to boat trailer
- $3,900 Adult Day Health Care of Mad River; new office computers
- $3,500 Whitethorn Volunteer Fire District; new digital radios
- $3,500 Willow Creek Fire Safety; chipper maintenance for brush reduction
Del Norte County
- $9,200 Lighthouse Repertory Theatre; new equipment
- $2,500 Coffee Creek Volunteer Fire Dept; new radio supplies
“The program started 14 years ago as a way to give $100,000 per year to local non-profits as part of the longtime credit union motto, People Helping People, “stated Sessa. “Five years ago, we were very fortunate to be able to increase that to $200,000 annually. We owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to our members for their loyalty and our volunteer Board of Directors for their continued support of this level of giving.” The spring 2023 round opens on February 1 at coastccu.org/community/community-giving.
Coast Central Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in the area, with $2 billion in assets, nearly 76,000 members, and operating 11 Member Services Branches throughout Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties, including McKinleyville, open six days a week and Bayshore Mall, open seven days a week. Additionally, members have access to a network of 30,000 free CO-OP ATMs nationwide. Individuals who live or work in any of these counties may be eligible to bank at CCCU by applying at coastccu.org/join. More information is available at coastccu.org.