Coast Central Credit Union President/CEO James Sessa announced that its Board of Directors has approved $100,000 in grants to 12 local organizations for its second of two rounds of community giving this year. Coast Central also supports its communities through sponsorship, college scholarship, and employee volunteer programs. Fall recipients include:
- $20,633: Sequoia Humane Society for 7 kennels for ill or stressed dogs
- $20,000: Dream Quest for a van for activities for 300 youth (also serves Trinity County)
- $13,429: Eureka Rescue Mission for new siding for its homeless shelter serving 120 adults
- $10,579: Toys for Tots for storage containers serving 8,000 children throughout Humboldt, Del Norte, and Trinity counties
- $6,000: Hoopa High School for music studio equipment serving 250 students
- $5,250: 2-1-1 Humboldt Info & Resource Center for clothing gift cards for 100 children
- $1,934: Pacific View Charter High School for a meal program refrigerator serving 60 students
- $1,299: Ferndale Child Care Center for a shade structure for 60 children
Del Norte County
- $5,876: Del Norte County Emergency Services for a trailer for disaster preparedness education benefiting 27,000 residents
- $5,000: Redwood Elementary School for the creation of a STEAM lab serving 500 students
- $5,000: Junction City Elementary School for Chromebooks for 20+ students
- $5,000: Trinity County Arts Council for software to promote tourism and 1,000 businesses
“With 50 deserving organizations applying for a total of $610,000, our employee committee and volunteer Board of Directors certainly had a challenge in determining how to award $100,000,” stated Sessa. “We commend all applicants for making very positive impacts on our communities and congratulate our 12 deserving recipients. Sincere thanks goes to our 70,000 members, whose loyalty directly supports our giving programs, and to Humboldt Area Foundation for their expertise.” For questions, please contact VP, Marketing & Communications, Colleen Toste, at (707) 445-8801, ext. 309 or email@example.com.
Coast Central Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in the area, with 70,000 members and 11 Member Services Branches throughout Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties, including McKinleyville and Bayshore Mall, open seven days a week and evenings. Additionally, members have access to a network of 30,000 free CO-OP ATMs nationwide. Individuals can easily become members of the credit union as long as they live or work in one of the three counties served. More information can be found on its web site at coastccu.org and at facebook.com/coastcentral.