Coast Central Credit Union President/CEO James T. Sessa announced that its Board of Directors has approved $100,000 in grants to eight local organizations for its spring 2019 round of community giving. Coast Central also supports its communities through sponsorship, college scholarship, and employee volunteer programs. Spring recipients include:
Del Norte County
- $25,000: Family Resource Center of the Redwoods for a truck for food pick-ups/drop offs (over 1,500 families in need impacted)
- $24,000: Affordable Homeless Housing for a mobile hygiene station (over 1,500 homeless individuals impacted)
- $12,200: Humboldt Youth Soccer for new goals (1,100 youth impacted)
- $8,000: Adult Day Health of Mad River for new carpeting (over 75 dependent-care adults impacted)
- $4,000: Redwood Empire BMX for bleachers (thousands of family members & 200 youth impacted)
- $3,800: Humboldt Spay/Neuter Network for kennels for large dogs (1,200 stray dogs annually impacted)
- $12,000: Burnt Ranch School for new playground after mold destruction (700 community members & students impacted)
- $11,000: Southern Trinity Volunteer Fire for new breathing apparatus (24 firefighters & 2,000 residents impacted)
“I am very proud of our steadfast commitment to a ‘people helping people” approach, which dates back to our beginnings in 1950,” stated Sessa. “Based on the 60+ applications totaling $725,000 we received, local non-profits throughout all three counties clearly have significant needs. On behalf of our volunteer Board of Directors, management, and staff, we thank all who applied and are making very positive impacts on our communities, and we congratulate the recipients.” Coast Central will offer a fall round of its community investment program in August, with an additional $100,000 available to community organizations in its service area. For questions about any of CCCU’s giving programs, please contact VP, Marketing & Communications, Colleen Toste, at (707) 445-8801, ext. 309 or email@example.com.
Coast Central Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in the area, with over 69,000 members and operating 11 Member Services Branches throughout Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties, including McKinleyville and Bayshore Mall, open seven days a week and evenings. Additionally, members have access to a network of 30,000 free CO-OP ATMs nationwide. More information can be found on its web site at coastccu.org and at facebook.com/coastcentral.