Coast Central Credit Union President/CEO James T. Sessa, announced that its Board of Directors has approved $100,000 in grants to 11 local organizations for its spring 2018 round of community giving. Earlier this year, the Board approved a total of $200,000 for 2018, double its previous years’ awards. Additionally, the credit union supports its communities through its sponsorship, college scholarship, and employee volunteer programs. Spring recipients include:
Del Norte County
- $25,000: Sheriff’s Search & Rescue toward an emergency vehicle purchase
- $13,000: Orleans Volunteer First Department for new rope rescue equipment
- $13,000: Pacific Union School for a community/school track and field
- $8,000: Fortuna Senior Services for tables for its new community center
- $8,000: Northcoast Regional Land Trust for environmental education
- $5,000: City of Blue Lake for automated defibrillators
- $5,000: Bless the Beasts for Meals on Wheels seniors’ pets
- $5,000: Peninsula School District for Chromebooks
- $5,000: County of Humboldt Child Abuse Services for meal vouchers for victims and families
- $3,000: Redwood Empire Little League for game/practice baseballs
- $10,000: Downriver Volunteer Fire Company for its remote-area firehouse
Sessa stated, “On behalf of our Board of Directors, management, and staff, we are very proud to give back to the communities we serve. Based on the over 70 applications received – triple the typical amount – community organizations have increasingly significant needs, and we are appreciative for our 67,500 members that allow us to support them.” Coast Central will offer a fall round of its community investment program later this summer, with $100,000 available to non-profit organizations in its service area.
Founded in 1950, Coast Central Credit Union is the largest member-owned financial institution in the area, operating 12 Member Services Branches throughout Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties, including McKinleyville Ray’s and Bayshore Mall, open seven days a week. Additionally, members have access to a network of 30,000 free
CO-OP ATMs nationwide. More information can be found on its web site at coastccu.org and at facebook.com/coastcentral.