this offer allows existing business loan borrowers directly impacted the ability to skip up to TWO consecutive payments by completing the application and stating the reason related to COVID-19. No specific verification or proof is required.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP):
Through the program, the Small Business Administration (SBA) will make available funds for small businesses to secure up to eight weeks of payroll costs including benefits, as well as to pay interest on mortgages, rent and utilities.
Our team of experts is happy to assist members with the Paycheck Protection Program. You may access the application and required documents below:
- PPP Application
- PPP Application Addendum
- Beneficial Ownership
- Loan Forgiveness Application/Instructions
The SBA, in consultation with the Department of the Treasury, has released the PPP Loan Forgiveness Application along with instructions. The form and instructions inform you how to apply for forgiveness of your PPP loan, consistent with the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), and the SBA will also soon issue regulations and guidance to further assist you.
For additional documents needed, view the PPP Required Docs Checklist. Complete application package should be emailed to BusinessRelief@coastccu.org. Applications can only be accepted via email. For questions, please call our Member Business Services hotline at
(707) 445-8801 x631.
Please feel free to learn more from these additional resources:
- North Coast Small Business Development Center has released a quick guide to CARES Act loans for small businesses, comparing the PPP to the EIDL (SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan)
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship has prepared Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses.
- US Treasury has updated their CARES Act page to include PPP info.
- The SBA has a page dedicated to the Paycheck Protection Program.
- City of Arcata Economic Development. In response to business impacts related to COVID-19, the City of Arcata is committed to providing technical and financial support to Arcata’s businesses to help them weather the resulting economic downturn. Information about the new Business Resiliency Emergency Loan Program as well as our existing loan programs, can be found here: https://www.cityofarcata.org/188/Economic-Development
- North Coast Small Business Development Center.
- Client Services Alert. The SBDC has received a massive spike in requests for business consulting, so they are implementing a “client triage process”. Top urgency are clients who need help managing or preventing layoffs or securing financing to cover operating expenses. They have two teams with appropriate expertise ready to work with you immediately. New clients can apply here and returning clients can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 445-9720 x210. They are continuing to support other clients and have advisors ready for you, but their response time will be a little slower for non-crisis requests.
- The SBDC has a comprehensive resource page with a variety of links for local businesses that have questions or are experiencing disruptions and may be in need of support: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
- Virtual Layoff Help Rapid Response Events. The SBDC is offering resources and free Employee Layoff Help Events for employees in Humboldt County who have been or will be laid off. Humboldt Employees: get online together for a briefing about the help available for you if you’re facing layoffs or have been laid off.
- US Chamber of Commerce. The USCOC created the Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist to help small businesses utilize aid from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- U.S. Export-Import Bank Extends Program Waivers, Extensions, and Other Provisions to U.S. Customers and Lenders. These include waivers, deadline extensions, streamlined processing, and flexibility, to our customers for an initial period of 30 days (with the possibility of a further extension. More on their COVID-19 assistance fact sheet.
For questions about other business-related products and services, please contact our Member Business Services team at (707) 445-8801 x 620.