A Message to Our Members
For 70 years, Coast Central Credit Union has been here for you. That commitment couldn’t be stronger than it is now. We’re here to help.
As an identified “Essential Business,” we are directed to provide financial services to you, while keeping our members and employees safe. We are closely monitoring guidelines and news provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and our local health agencies, while reinforcing best health practices and cleaning procedures. This page is dedicated to answering your questions and helping our community stay strong in these uncertain times.
News & Information
Stay up to date on the latest info regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- Humboldt County – Virtual Town Hall on COVID-19 3-30-20
- Lost Coast Outpost – COVID-19 and Humboldt
- Lost Coast Outpost – Humboldt Sheriff & Health Officer Answer Questions
- Coast Central – Facebook CCCU
Resources & Information:
- Humboldt County – Health Alert
- Del Norte County – Public Health
- Trinity County – Coronavirus Information
- California – Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California
- California – Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus (Overview & more)
- California – Stay at Home – Executive Order N-33-20
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place FAQs 3/31
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place Order 3/30
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place update 3/20
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place Order 3/20
Resources for Parents & Children:
- Humboldt County Office of Education – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources & Information
- Practical Money Skills – We offer free and fun educational material for adults, teens, and children.
- Humboldt County – Resources for Children at Home
- North Coast Journal – Creating a Positive Home Environment for Children
- Khan Academy – Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice
I last emailed you following an order by the Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services directing people to shelter at their place of residence effective March 19. The Governor of California also issued an Executive Stay-at-Home Order that day. At the time, there were just two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Humboldt County and 17 deaths in California. At this moment, there are 21 confirmed cases in the county – and climbing daily, 168 deaths in the State, and nearly 3,000 deaths in our nation.
Last night, the Health and Human Services Department issued a new order with much stronger language regarding the mandate for individuals to Shelter-at-Home until the order is rescinded. As long as Coast Central is identified as an “Essential Business,” we will continue to provide financial services to you. However, our highest priority is keeping you, our employees, and their families safe.
As we begin a new month, your financial needs may increase. Unless it is absolutely critical, we strongly urge you not to come into our Member Services Branches, and instead protect yourself and your loved ones. Please use these options:
- Check deposits: at Coast Central ATMs or through the Coast Central Mobile App.
- Loan or credit card payments: call our Member Support team at (707) 445-8801, use Online Banking, our Mobile App, or mail your payment.
- Statement and balance review: access e-statements through Online or Mobile Banking or call our Member Support team.
- Special Loan programs: learn more and apply below.
For assistance setting up or using any of these options or for other questions, please call us at (707) 445-8801. For news updates and an array of other resources, view our news & information above. We must all work together to stop the spread of this deadly disease. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We sincerely appreciate your membership.
James T. Sessa,
President & CEO
As you are well aware, COVID-19 has made a massive impact on our world. At the very least, it has changed the scope of our everyday routines and at its worst, caused numerous deaths in the US and across the globe. As a designated “essential business”, Coast Central recognizes the importance of making every effort to continue to make financial services available to you – and to keep you and our employees safe.
Today we learned that the Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services is establishing an order directing people to shelter at their place of residence, effective at midnight tonight. Our understanding is that these orders are designed to prevent further spread of COVID-19. To date, California has nearly 900 confirmed cases and 17 deaths. In support of this order we are making the following modifications, effective March 20:
These Member Services Branches remain open, with limited number of members in lobbies at a time:
- Arcata Giuntoli – also has drive-thru service
- Arcata Uniontown – walk-up ATM available
- Crescent City – also has drive-thru service
- Eureka Harrison – also has a drive-up ATM
- Eureka Downtown – also has a drive-up ATM
- Fortuna – also has drive-thru service
- McKinleyville – also has a drive-up ATM
- Willow Creek
Please note, due to Bayshore Mall being closed, our Bayshore Member Services Branch is also temporarily closed.
We want to remind and encourage you to use the following as appropriate:
- Online and Mobile Banking services, including the ability to deposit checks, perform transfers between accounts and between members, make loan and other payments, and more. Visit coastccu.org to sign up for Online Banking, and for access on your cell phone or similar device, download the free Coast Central Mobile app.
- Free ATMs at all of our locations and across the country through the CO-OP Network. Text a zip code to 91989 to easily find them.
- Utilize our special loan programs: an Interest-Free Loan and Skip-a-Payment option. Contact us at (707) 445-8801 x 365 Personal loans and x620 for Business loans for details.
- Additionally, Coast Central Financial & Retirement Planning Advisors are available by phone at (707) 445-8801, x 615.
For more information on COVID-19, visit cdc.gov/coronavirus or https://humboldtgov.org/2018/Humboldt-Health-Alert.
For updates on Coast Central, please visit coastccu.org and our Facebook page. If you need further assistance, please call us at
(707) 445-8801, 8 am – 6 pm Monday thru Friday. We appreciate your membership and look forward to serving you for many years to come.
James T. Sessa,
President & CEO
To say we live in uncertain times is an understatement. As always, and even more so now, as the coronavirus (COVID-19) affects our entire world, Coast Central is committed to your well-being and that of our employees. As a member of the Coast Central family, I personally want to assure you that we are actively monitoring the virus’ developments provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and our local health agencies, while reinforcing best health practices and cleaning procedures.
We are actively:
- Ensuring every one of our employees is practicing preventative practices as directed by the CDC
- Encouraging our employees to stay at home when they are sick
- Directing our janitorial staff in every location to do deep and consistent cleaning
- Moving scheduled group meetings to video conferencing
- Encouraged social distancing, limited travel and contact
- Developing loan programs specifically for those members experiencing adverse financial impacts from the coronavirus
Steps you can take:
- If you are ill, please refrain from coming inside our Member Services Branches.
- If you are not ill, please allow 6 feet between you and other members at our locations.
- Visit cdc.gov/coronavirus or consult your healthcare professional on best practices to keep you and your loved ones healthy
- Use our full array of Digital Services, with access to your finances 24/7 from wherever you are, including:
- Online & Mobile Banking – transfer money, check balances, pay bills, make loan payments, and more
- CheckFlash and BizFlash remote check deposit
- Coast Central Card Control app – security and control of your Debit & Credit cards
- Free ATMs – 30,000 ATMs within the CO-OP Network. Visit our ATM & Locations Map or text a zip code to 91989 for locations
- Beware of fraud: be very cautious when opening emails or text messages or phone calls from unknown sources, especially any asking for personal information or account user names and passwords. Coast Central will never ask you for your personal information or Online Banking login info in an email or text. Fraudsters’ efforts may be heightened during uncertain times like these.
Our longstanding values of putting you first will continue to guide us as we navigate together through our evolving environment. We sincerely appreciate your membership.
James T. Sessa,
President & CEO
What We're Doing for Members & the Community
In an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following safety measures:
- Requesting that members not come into our locations and instead use digital options or call us.
- Limiting the number of HEALTHY members in our lobbies.
- Enforcing social distancing – Requiring members to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from other members and our employees at all times.
- Practicing preventative measures as directed by the CDC.
- Directing our janitorial staff in every location to do deep and consistent cleaning.
- Moving scheduled group meetings to video conferencing and limiting employee interactions.
- Developed loan programs specifically for those members experiencing adverse financial impacts from COVID-19.
- Moved employees that work in close quarters to separate locations or working from home.
- Employees are working split shifts at various locations and departments.
- Providing hand sanitizer at each location (as supply permits).
What You Can do to Help
To help flatten the curve and keep our community safe, we ask that you:
Our Digital Services
To help ensure your safety and to protect our community please use the services below:
- Mobile App – Want to check your balances or transfer funds? Use our Mobile App, available for both iPhones and Androids.
- Deposit a check from your phone with CheckFlash on our Mobile App – view our CheckFlash Mobile Deposit FAQs for more info.
- Use our Card Control app to set up alerts, transaction limits, and suspend or reactivate your cards to have peace of mind when you shop with your debit or credit card.
- ATMs – Whether depositing cash or check, or making a withdrawal, visit one of our 18 ATMs.
- Call our Member Support team of experts at (707) 445-8801 Monday-Friday, 8am to 6pm.
COVID-19 Aid & Assistance
Temporary Consumer Loan Programs
In an effort to provide some relief to existing members directly impacted by COVID-19, Member Loan Services has two new offerings available:
- Emergency Assistance Loan:
- 90-day term, 0% interest
- Maximum loan amount up to one month’s net pay verified by pay stub, direct deposit, or tax return
- Normal credit guidelines for approval do not apply.
- Minimum FICO score of 675; lower scores require Consumer Loan Manager approval
- Skip-a-Payment: this offer allows existing consumer loan borrowers directly impacted the ability to skip up to TWO consecutive payments by completing the application and stating the reason related to COVID-19. No specific verification or proof is required.
To apply, download and complete the application, sign, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about either of these programs, please call (707) 445-8801; for Consumer Loans, use x 365. For Business Loans, use x620.
For our Business Members
- Northcoast Small Business Development Center has a comprehensive resource page with a variety of links for local businesses that have questions or are experiencing disruptions and may be in need of support: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
- U.S. Chamber Of Commerce created the Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist to help small businesses utilize aid from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans are now available to eligible businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 through SBA. These loans are not administered by Coast Central Credit Union, but can provide capital to small businesses up to $2 million to help with financial obligations and operating expenses until operations are back to normal. Business members may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information, and download applications. Please visit their COVID-19 FAQ page, call (800) 659-2955, or email email@example.com for more info.
- US Export-Import Bank Extends Program Waivers, Extensions, and Other Provisions to U.S. Customers and Lenders. These include waivers, deadline extensions, streamlined processing, and flexibility, to our customers for an initial period of 30 days (with the possibility of a further extension. More on their COVID-19 assistance fact sheet.
- Small Business Grants Program. Facebook has announced a program of cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries affected by COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, view their page at facebook.com/business/boost/grants.
- North Coast SBDC Client Services Alert. The Small Business Development Center has received a massive spike in requests for business consulting, so they are implementing a “client triage process”. Top urgency are clients who need help managing or preventing layoffs or securing financing to cover operating expenses. They have two teams with appropriate expertise ready to work with you immediately. New clients can apply here and returning clients can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 445-9720 x210. They are continuing to support other clients and have advisors ready for you, but their response time will be a little slower for non-crisis requests.
For questions about other business-related products and services, please contact our Member Business Services team at (707) 445-8801 x 620.
Humboldt Area Foundation Assistance
Humboldt Area Foundation and Wild Rivers Community Foundation have launched the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund.
Learn more about how to get or give support on their page, hafoundation.org/Giving/COVID19.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns. Protecting your health and that of our employees is our highest priority during these challenging times. Please take every precaution to keeping you and your loved ones safe.