Updates & Assistance
From our President:
Together, we have just about made it through 2020. It’s safe to say that every one of us has been affected by the global pandemic in some way. At the time of this writing, a few pharmaceutical companies are seeking FDA approval for their COVID-19 vaccines. Here’s hoping we are indeed seeing a light at the end of this very long tunnel.
As of early December, the entire region we serve is purple, or widespread, status, as is most of the state. In Humboldt, Del Norte, and Trinity counties, we’ve recently seen single-digit confirmed cases daily increase to double-digits, with hospitals nearing capacities. As a designated essential business, we will continue to provide financial services, and currently all locations are open with normal hours, with the exception of Bayshore Mall. We are strictly enforcing all safety precautions in all Coast Central locations, as mandated by state and local agencies, including wiping down areas, using hand sanitizer, maintaining 6-foot distancing, and using masks, as required by the State’s November 16 Guidance.
Your Actions Save Lives
However, with the latest Regional Shelter-in-Place order, we strongly ask that you refrain from coming in to our Member Services Branches, and instead use alternate options to conduct your banking other than risk your health, and that of our employees, and families. The vast majority of transactions can be safely conducted using Online and Mobile Banking, ATMs, and by calling our Member Support Center at (707) 445-8801. You can check balances and activity, perform transfers, withdraw and deposit checks and cash, make loan payments, pay bills, and more.
An array of up-to-date information and resources are listed below, so please be sure you and your loved ones are informed on how to stay healthy. For 70 years and counting, our commitment to you is stronger than ever. Please join us in doing all that you can to help stop the spread of this deadly disease.
News & Information
Stay up to date on the latest info regarding COVID-19.
Resources & Information
- Lost Coast Outpost – Daily COVID Report
- Lost Coast Outpost – COVID-19 and Humboldt
- Humboldt County – Health Alert
- Del Norte County – Public Health
- Trinity County – Coronavirus Information
- California – Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California
- California – Department of Public Health
- Small Business Development Center – Local Business Support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus (Overview & more)
- Humboldt – State Reassigns County to ‘Purple’ Tier Due to Worsening Virus Data, 1/12
- California – Order of the State Public Health Officer – Hospital Surge, 1/5
- California – Regional Stay Home Order, 12/3
- California – Limited Stay At Home Order, 11/19
- California – Travel Advisory, 11/13
- California – Executive Order N-83-20: Actions in Response to COVID-19, 10/28
- California – Executive Order N-65-20: Actions in Response to COVID-19, 5/19
- California – Executive Order N-63-20: Extending Deadlines Impacted by COVID-19, 5/7
- California – Executive Order N-33-20: Stay at Home, 3/19
- Del Norte County – Masks Required 5/20
- Humboldt County – Facial Masks Order – Revised 9/1
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place – Revised 5/19
- Humboldt County – Facial Masks Order, Starting Friday, 4/24
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place FAQs, 3/31
- Humboldt County – Shelter in Place Order, 3/30
Resources for Parents & Children
- Humboldt County Office of Education – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources & Information
- Practical Money Skills – We offer free and fun educational material for adults, teens, and children.
- Humboldt County – Resources for Children at Home
- North Coast Journal – Creating a Positive Home Environment for Children
- Khan Academy – Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice
Hours & Locations
- All of our Member Service Branches remain open at this time, click here for hours and locations.
What We're Doing for Members & the Community
In an effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following safety measures:
- Requesting that members not come into our locations and instead use digital options or call us.
- Limiting the number of HEALTHY members in our lobbies.
- Requiring members to wear facial coverings while in our Member Service Branches.
- Enforcing social distancing – Requiring members to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from other members and our employees at all times.
- Practicing preventative measures as directed by the CDC.
- Directing our janitorial staff in every location to do deep and consistent cleaning.
- Moving scheduled group meetings to video conferencing and limiting employee interactions.
- Developed loan programs specifically for those members experiencing adverse financial impacts from COVID-19.
- Moved employees that work in close quarters to separate locations or working from home.
- Employees are working split shifts at various locations and departments.
- Providing hand sanitizer at each location (as supply permits).
What You Can do to Help
To help flatten the curve and keep our community safe, we ask that you:
Our Digital Services
To help ensure your safety and to protect our community please use our Online & Mobile Banking services:
- With CheckFlash deposit a check from your phone using our Mobile App – view our CheckFlash Mobile Deposit FAQs for more info.
- Use our Card Control app to set up alerts, transaction limits, and suspend or reactivate your cards to have peace of mind when you shop with your debit or credit card.
- Easily pay your bills directly from your Coast Central account from wherever you are. No stamps, checks, or hassles. Login to Online or Mobile Banking and click “Bill Pay” on the home screen.
COVID-19 Aid & Assistance
Consumer Loan Programs
If you are looking to Skip-a-Payment, we can help.
Mortgage Loan Program
Business Loan Programs
If your business has been impacted by COVID-19, we have options that may help, including the Paycheck Protection Program.
City of Arcata Economic Development
- In response to business impacts related to COVID-19, the City of Arcata is committed to providing technical and financial support to Arcata’s businesses to help them weather the resulting economic downturn. Information about the new Business Resiliency Emergency Loan Program as well as our existing loan programs, can be found here: https://www.cityofarcata.org/188/Economic-Development
North Coast Small Business Development Center
- Client Services Alert: The SBDC has received a massive spike in requests for business consulting, so they are implementing a “client triage process”. Top urgency are clients who need help managing or preventing layoffs or securing financing to cover operating expenses. They have two teams with appropriate expertise ready to work with you immediately. New clients can apply here and returning clients can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (707) 445-9720 x210. They are continuing to support other clients and have advisors ready for you, but their response time will be a little slower for non-crisis requests.
- The SBDC has a comprehensive resource page with a variety of links for local businesses that have questions or are experiencing disruptions and may be in need of support: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
- Virtual Layoff Help Rapid Response Event (Humboldt 4/3/2020)
State of California
- California has additional resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. For resources and services for small businesses visit: https://covid19.ca.gov/business-and-employers/
US Chamber of Commerce
- The USCOC created the Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist to help small businesses utilize aid from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- The USCOC is opening the application process for Save Small Business Fund grants. This short term relief for small employers in the United States is open to all businesses with 3 – 20 employees in economic vulnerable communities, which the County of Humboldt qualifies. We encourage our members to apply, it’s just a short ten minute process and you will need your business’s W-9 form.
Please don’t hesitate to submit your application, you do not need to be a member of the U.S. Chamber. Grants are $5,000 and must be utilized for business expenses. You only need to apply once, grants will be awarded on a weekly basis until all funds are distributed. Once the grantee has been notified of selection and submitted payment information, it will take three to five days to process payment.
The Save Small Business Fund is administered by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation that is a private sector 501(c)(3) and not a government agency.
For more information and/or to submit your application visit: savesmallbusiness.com.
U.S. Export-Import Bank Extends Program Waivers, Extensions, and Other Provisions to U.S. Customers and Lenders
These include waivers, deadline extensions, streamlined processing, and flexibility, to our customers for an initial period of 30 days (with the possibility of a further extension. More on their COVID-19 assistance fact sheet.
For questions about other business-related products and services, please contact our Member Business Services team at (707) 445-8801 x 620.
A Message to Our Employees
CCCU President & CEO James Sessa wanted to make sure financial first responders – every Coast Central employee – knows they are appreciated. View his video thanking Team CCCU:
COVID Community Care Fund
To the 43 organizations who applied for a total of $189,000 in COVID relief, thank you for the good you continue to do in these challenging times. Congratulations to the following recipients on being awarded a total of $55,000:
|AJ’s Transitional Living||$5,000|
|Boys & Girls Club of the Redwoods||$5,000|
|Healy Senior Center||$5,000|
|McKinleyville Community Collaborative||$5,000|
|Wild Souls Ranch||$5,000|
|Breast & GYN Health Project||$4,500|
|Orleans Volunteer Fire Dept.||$4,000|
|Humboldt Botanical Gardens||$3,000|
|CASA of Humboldt||$2,600|
|Southern Trinity Volunteer Fire||$2,000|
|Peninsula School District||$1,800|
|Soroptimist Intl of Eureka||$1,500|
|Golden Age Center||$5,000|
|Trinity Center Volunteer Fire Dept.||$850|
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns. Protecting your health and that of our employees is our highest priority during these challenging times. Please take every precaution to keeping you and your loved ones safe.